Gluten Free Pasta Recipe: Mediterranean, Anti-inflammatory, One-pot Pasta
The combination of zucchini, white beans, garlic and oregano create the famous Mediterranean aromas and flavors to satisfy your taste buds, lift your spirit, nourish your body, and support your health.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion cut into ¼-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 small zucchini cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 8 ounces gluten-free penne pasta
- 1 cup canned white beans
- ¼ cup grated sheep's milk pecorino cheese optional, see vegan options below
In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the zucchini, sea salt, oregano, and red pepper flakes (if using) and mix well.
Add the broth and penne and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until the penne is tender, 8-12 minutes.
Stir in the beans, sprinkle with the pecorino cheese (if using), and serve.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for several months.