What Are The Best Teas For Detoxing?
The best teas for detoxing should always match your individual preferences and agree with your body. Choosing the best detox tea can significantly boost your cleansing and detoxing goals. Naturally, safely, and effectively.
Below is a list our most popular detox teas recipes based on their main functions.
- Pomegranate green tea (best overall cleansing).
- Weight loss.
- Candida & parasites.
More on this post: herbs.
Important: Safety should always come first.
Every ingredient in our detox tea recipes has a long history of safe traditional medicine use that is also supported by modern science. See the links to the evidence and published studies to learn more.
Pomegranate Green Tea Detox Recipe
Main benefits: best overall detox and cleanse recipes.
Voted as the best tea for detoxing by our members two years in a row now.
The pomegranate green tea has been one of our most popular cleansing tea recipes. In addition, it is also one of the best tasting detox teas, both hot and cold.
See the different options and top tip from our members in the section below. You may want to adjust the detox tea recipe based on your personal preferences and needs.
Drink first thing in the morning and up to four times a day. Always drink on an empty stomach, one hour before or after other meals or drinks.
Pomegranate Green Tea Detox Recipe
- 1 cup spring water
- 1 bag organic green tea
- 1 inch ginger root
- ½ small lemon
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate juice 100% not from concentrate
- 1 tbsp raw local honey optional
- a few drops of stevia or monkfruit optional
- non alcoholic vanilla extract to taste optional
- anti stress herbs optional
- ½ medium red grapefruit instead of lemon
- Peel the ginger root and cut to thin slices.
- Peel the pomegranate and get 1 cup of pomegranate seeds. If you use pomegranate juice, skip this step.
- Boil the ginger in water for 5 minutes with the pomegranate seeds.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow the to simmer for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the tea into your tea cup.
- If you use pomegranate juice and not the seeds, add ½ cup.
- Add the green tea bag for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag. Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon into the tea.
If you like the taste of grapefruit better, use the juice of one medium size red grapefruit instead.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw local honey or a few drops of stevia / monkfruit.
- Add the vanilla extract (optional).
- Drink first thing in the morning and up to four times a day. Always drink on an empty stomach, one hour before or after other meals or drinks.
Top Tips From Our Members
Pomegranate Green Tea – Iced Tea Version
The recipe also tastes great when it is cold. This can help to hydrate your body during summer, as well as a healthy alternative to sugary beverages and sodas.
A popular effective way to make the cold version of the detox tea:
- Place the detox tea in a mason jar or other glass container.
- Add 32 ounces (about 1 liter) of cool water.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- If you have digestive issues such as bloating or gas, add 1 tablespoon of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- You may add 2-3 more bags of organic green tea. No need to heat again, just place the green tea bags in the container.
Apple cider vinegar on its raw unpasteurized form, is well known to naturally detox and cleanse the body. According to research, apple cider vinegar has the ability to regulate blood sugar levels, promote satiation after a meal, regulate lipid metabolism in the liver, and support healthy kidneys and liver function [1,2,3].
If you have never tried apple cider vinegar in a drink before, start with 1 teaspoon first in this recipe.
To Boost Energy & Manage Stress
Many of our members like to add 1 dropper of Dr. Group’s Ginseng Fuzion just before they drink the tea, which includes the adaptogenic herbs ashwagandha and ginseng.
- Ginseng is well known for its ability to naturally stimulate energy production in the muscles, improve fats metabolism, and reduce appetite [4,5] .
- Several studies found that ashwagandha can decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, support healthy body weight management and reduce stress and anxiety [6,7].
Best Tea Detoxes For Weight Loss
Voted as one of the best tea detoxes for weight loss, this homemade recipe offers a safe natural way to support your weight loss plan. It is also one of the most tasting detox tea recipes, both hot and cold.
The ingredients in the weight loss detox tea work together to boost metabolism, promote weight loss, increase energy, supress hunger, improve digestion as well as to detox and cleanse the body.
Ingredients: green tea, ginger root, lemon, goji berries, cayenne pepper, stevia, vanilla extract, coconut oil, anti stress herbs, turmeric powder, black pepper.
Colon Cleanse Detox Tea
Main benefits: cleanses and detoxes the colon, supports healthy digestion.
This simple recipe is one of the best teas for detoxing the colon, naturally safely and effectively, without the side effects and risks of laxatives teas.
In addition, this recipe is also one of the best detox teas to stimulate healthy digestion and help with digestive issues such as constipation, bloating, excess gas, indigestion, and nausea.
Ingredients: lemon, ginger root, raw local honey, stevia.
Liver Cleansing Detox Tea
As a part of our liver cleanse protocol, we spent a lot of time researching for the best teas for detoxing the liver. We looked into historical traditional use, modern research data, reviews, benefits and side effects.
The liver detox tea evidence based recipe offers a great natural way to support your liver and gallbladder health. We focused on safe and effective ingredients you can easily find at your local store.
Ingredients: lemon, ginger root, cloves, cinnamon, honey, stevia.
Best Teas For Detoxing The Kidneys
The homemade kidney cleanse tea recipe uses kidney cleansing herbs and foods such as dandelion, turmeric, lemon, and black pepper, all known to enhance the kidneys ability to naturally cleanse, detox and flush unwanted substances.
Best Teas For Detoxing The Lungs
The Lung cleansing tea recipe is designed to support normal lung and respiratory system function, using natural lung cleansing foods and herbs you can easily find at your local store. The golden milk version of this recipe is one of the best tasting teas for detoxing.
Ingredients: ginger root, turmeric, black pepper, honey, stevia, cinnamon, coconut milk.
Use it as a part of your lung cleanse, or as a natural alternative that may help to relieve congestion, alleviate allergies, and ease airway inflammation.
Best Teas For Detoxing Candida & Parasites
The anti parasites & candida tea recipe is a great natural home remedy to safely cleanse and detox candida yeast, parasites and other pathogens from your body. The recipe uses natural antifungal foods and herbs you can easily find at your local store.
In addition to its antiparasitic & antifungal properties, the tea may also give you jittery free energy to support your anti parasite candida diet and daily activities.
Detox Tea Ingredients
As you can see, all our detox tea recipes are based on whole foods you can easily get at your local store.
There are a number of medicinal herbs that can further improve the effectiveness of your detox tea, due to some unique properties in them.
It is always best to use fresh herbs in your tea you grow yourself or from a trusted source. You want to make sure you use high quality fresh herbs (ideally organic or wildcrafted) that are well suitable for the exact purpose of your cleansing and detoxifying goals.
Getting fresh cleansing herbs, however, is not always possible. Since many teas you buy at the store may be months and even years old, a good alternative is liquid tinctures that can preserve the freshness and potency of the herbs.
Common cleansing herbs include:
See the below links to the herbs we often use in our body cleanse protocols.
- Liver Herbs: milk thistle, chanca piedra, dandelion root, chicory root.
- Kidney Herbs: chanca piedra, uva ursi, hydrangea, horsetail, marshmallow.
- Lung Herbs: peppermint, eucalyptus, menthol.
- Candida Antifungal Herbs: pau d’arco, jatoba, licorice, anise seed.
- Antiparasitic Herbs: black walnut, wormwood, clove, diatomaceous earth.