Last Updated on
The Best Colon Cleanse Tea with Real Foods.
No Tea Bags Are Required
This simple colon cleanse tea recipe has a long history and traditional use behind it. Drink it to promote your body’s natural ability to cleanse and detox. Especially during these times when you want to drink something hot that is calm and soothing.
Colon Cleanse Tea
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 inches ginger root
- 1 tbsp raw local honey or stevia to taste
- 1 cup spring water
- Peel the ginger root and cut to thin slices.
- Boil the ginger in water for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow the to simmer for additional 5-10 minutes. The longer, the stronger the taste.
- Strain the tea into your tea cup.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon, add into the tea.
- Add the raw honey or stevia to taste (optional).
When & How To Drink
- Drink on an empty stomach, ideally first thing in the morning and between meals.
- For added benefit, many people like to combine this tea with the overnight colon cleanse recipe.
You drink the tea during the day and the overnight colon cleanse before bedtime. The overnight remedy uses lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and natural oxygen to cleanse your colon as you sleep.
The Evidence : Ingredients Analysis
Ginger, lemon, and raw honey offer many health benefits that have both long traditional use and published studies.
When it comes to colon cleanse and detox:
- Ginger is well known as a natural traditional remedy for digestive issues such as constipation, bloating, indigestion, nausea and vomiting. 1
- Lemon is a very popular detox ingredient you can see in almost any cleansing recipe. Drinking warm water with lemon juice in the morning is an ancient Ayurvedic practice to stimulate digestion and detox the body. According to research, lemon juice may have a protective effect on the liver. The data suggests that lemon juice can reduce the levels of serum ALT and AST liver enzymes as well as triacylglycerol and lipid peroxidation in the liver.2
- Raw Honey is added to the recipe to sweeten and complement the ginger – lemon flavor. Some evidence suggests that honey may help as a natural remedy for constipation, worm infestation, ulcers and other digestive issues.3
Colon Cleanse Tea Reviews
Most of the reviews include better digestion, with digestive issues such as bloating, excess gas and constipation get better. As a result, many people also notice a flatter stomach. This is very apparent in a lot of the before and after pictures, after a week of drinking the tea.
Many people who try this colon cleanse tea also reported mild weight loss. This weight however, is not fat. It is simply the stored waste that is being flushed out of the body.
The Problem With Colon Cleanse Teas
The difference between laxative teas to colon cleanse teas
Most colon cleanse teas you buy at the store include herbs that have laxative properties. So they can trigger bowel movements. Many of these herbs are safe, gentle and have a long history of safe traditional use. Some of these herbs however, may be to aggressive for many people.
This is a common misconception about colon cleansing and the cause of many issues and side effects many people experience:
Strong bowel movements do not mean effective colon cleansing.
An Effective colon cleansing means that you help your body to naturally eliminate toxins and stored waste buildup from the colon. Two different things.
Laxative Teas Risks
A common problem with laxative and colon cleanse teas is that they include many ingredients together. So there may be interactions between ingredients. You may be sensitive to just one ingredients. It is very hard to test all these different possibilities of herbs.
The solution: Simplicity. There’s really no need to combine so many herbs or ingredients for an effective colon cleansing.
You can see many of the laxatives herbs in both colon cleanse teas and colon cleanse products. This list of laxative herbs may include: Senna, Marshmallow root, Rhubarb, Aloe vera latex, Cascara sagrada, Psyllium seeds and more.
Ongoing use of laxatives, even natural ones, may cause laxatives dependency. This means you won’t be able to make regular bowel movements without the use of laxatives. For this reason, if you enjoy drinking herbal tea every day, we highly recommend to make sure it does not contain laxative herbs.
Colon Cleanse Products Review : Benefits Vs. Risks
Different colon cleanse products often work in a completely different way in order to cleanse the colon. This can affect their uses, potential benefits, and side effects.
In this review, we summarize our colon cleanse and detox experience over the last 15 years of cleansing. We left no stone unturned in our research for the most effective, safe, best evidence-based colon cleanse products.
- Sugar Cleanse: Naturally Detox Sugar From Your Body in 14-21 Days - June 22, 2020
- Rope Worm Parasite: Health Concern or Pseudoscience Term? - May 7, 2020
- How to Know If Parasite Cleanse is Working? Parasite Cleanse Timeline - April 26, 2020