Colon Cleanse Pills : Are They Safe & Effective In Cleansing The Bowels?
Different colon cleanse products often work completely different in order to cleanse the colon. This can affect their uses, potential benefits, and side effects.
In this review, we summarize our colon cleanse and detox experience over the last 15 years of cleansing. We left no stone unturned in our research for the most effective, safe, best evidence-based colon cleanse products.
The Bottom Line
Some colon cleanse pills and products offer an effective natural way to safely cleanse your bowel. Others are not effective, not safe and cause many side effects.
Here are the results: the benefits, side effects, safety concerns and risks.
The Best : Oxygen Colon Cleanse
- How it works: releases oxygen in the colon to detoxify and loosen trapped toxins, undigested food particles and waste buildup so the body can flush them out naturally through normal bowel movement.
- The benefits: the released oxygen works very effectively in dissolving accumulated waste buildup in the colon. Many people report increased energy, higher clarity, a clearer complexion, and better bowel movements, with many digestion issues such as constipation, bloating, body odor and gas greatly improved.
- Safety: the way oxygen colon cleanse works is completely natural and gentle. Unlike many stimulant colon cleanse products, oxygen colon cleanse does not force your body to make a bowel movement. For this reason, it is the preferred choice of many health practitioners.
- Side effects: minimal. The released oxygen in the colon can cause bubbly bowel sounds. Some people experience temporary watery or gaseous stools. In most cases, these can be minimized with lower serving size.
The Worst: Stimulant Based Colon Cleanse & Laxatives
- How they work: laxatives draw more water and moisture into the colon. The result is a softer stool. This makes it is easier to pass stool and stored waste.
- The benefits: may be useful in cases of occasional constipation.
- Safety: many of laxatives colon cleanse pills force your body to make a bowel movement. Ongoing use can lead to laxative dependency. This means that you won’t be able to make regular bowel movements without these products.
- Side Effects: some colon cleanse pills can cause strong diarrhea that may lead to essential minerals and electrolyte imbalances. Other common side effects include stomach cramps, bloating and gas.
- Important: most over the counter colon cleanse products fall under this category. You may find powders, capsules, tablets, colon cleanse teas, shakes, and other forms. Natural, medicine, or drugs, we do not recommend these for the purpose of colon cleansing.
Colon Cleanse Fiber Supplements : Only In Certain Cases
- How they work: fiber colon cleanse products increase the bulk of the stool. The bulkier stool can help to cleanse the colon as it passes through.
- Benefits: fiber plays a key role in healthy digestion. It is also essential for gut health. The effectiveness of fiber colon cleanse products for cleansing the bowels however, is limited.
- Safety: the increased bulk can slow down digestion and cause constipation. Fiber colon cleanse pills can also irritate the colon.
- Side Effects: some people experience allergies and sensitivities to the fiber materials used.
- Important: It is much healthier and safer to get your daily recommended fiber from natural whole foods. Vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds are excellent sources of fiber. If for some reason it is not possible to get enough fiber from the diet, natural fiber colon cleanse may be useful. If this is the case, we recommend to speak with your doctor first.
Psyllium Husk Colon Cleanse : Always Avoid
Psyllium husk is a common example of a popular colon cleanse fiber ingredient known to cause many issues. Psyllium is a form of fiber made from the husks of psyllium seeds. You can find it in many colon cleanse pills and products as psyllium husk powder. Super Colon Cleanse, Dr tobias colon cleanse are common examples.
Natural colon cleanse doesn’t always mean safe. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may occur after you ingest an all natural colon cleanse product that contains some form of psyllium.
Psyllium husk side effects may include: difficulty breathing or swallowing, stomach pain, itching, skin rash, nausea, vomiting, sore throat, dizziness, and others.
Based on our experience, when it comes to psyllium husk colon cleanse, save yourself the trouble and avoid it.
Oxygen Colon Cleanse – Evidence Based Review
The effectiveness and safety of oxygen colon cleanse makes it the preferred choice of many health practitioners. It important however, to know how to use it properly. Especially when it comes to the serving size that is the right one for you, the diet you follow during the cleanse and the right timing protocol.
These factors can make a big difference and may help you get the most out of the cleanse and avoid unnecessary side effects. Learn more.
- Adrenal Fatigue Supplements: The 5 Basics Everyone Should Know About - October 12, 2020
- Sugar Cleanse: Naturally Detox Sugar From Your Body in 14-21 Days - June 22, 2020
- Rope Worm Parasite: Health Concern or Pseudoscience Term? - May 7, 2020