In this guide, we gathered the best liver cleanse recipe options for the liver and gallbladder cleanse. Use these to enhance your liver cleanse results, or as a natural way to promote healthy liver and gallbladder health.
These liver cleanse recipes are also a great fit for people who want to do a liver cleanse without epsom salts or would like to avoid the liver flush side effects. Safety should always come first.
Liver Cleanse Recipes & Main Ingredients
See the different options and the complete ingredients list of each liver cleanse recipe. You may want to adjust based on your personal preferences.
- Drink: apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, grapefruit juice, coconut oil.
- Juice: apple juice, beet juice, carrots, ginger.
- Tea: ginger, lemon, cinnamon, cloves.
- Salad dressing: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, turmeric, garlic.
- Complete liver cleanse protocol, see: protocol.
- Liver cleanse diet, see: diet.
- List of liver cleansing foods & evidence, see: foods.
Liver Cleansing Foods and Herbs Grocery List:
Liver Cleanse Recipe
- 2-4 tablespoon 1 raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar 15 ml
- 2 medium apples
- 1-2 medium lemons
- 1 large grapefruit
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin cold pressed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil extra virgin, raw
- 2 medium beetroot
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 inch ginger root
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ bunch spinach
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- dash ground black pepper
- himalayan salt to taste
- 2 medium cucumbers optional
- dash cinnamon optional
- stevia optional
- See the different options and the complete ingredients list for each liver cleanse recipe. You may want to adjust based on your personal preferences.
Liver Cleanse Drink
The liver cleanse drink recipe is a true staple for the liver and gallbladder cleanse. It makes a great option for people who wants to avoid the high sugar liver cleanse juice recipes many protocols include.
This recipe uses apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and liver cleanse herbs to cleanse, detox and help the body to flush out toxins from the liver and gallbladder.
Please see below the tops tips from our members and popular add-ons, as these can boost the liver cleanse recipe, and help you to tailor it based on your needs.
When to drink: drink first thing in the morning and up to four times a day. Always drink on an empty stomach, one hour before or after other meals or drinks.
Liver Detox Drink Recipe
- 1 liter distilled or spring water (33 ounces)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- liver cleanse herbs (see below)
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 organic lemon.
- Add to 1 liter of distilled or spring water.
- Shake the bottle of the apple cider vinegar until the cloudy part ("the mother") is well mixed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- Shake and drink.
- Drink first thing in the morning and up to four times a day. Always drink on an empty stomach, one hour before or after other meals or drinks.
Liver Cleanse Drink Recipe : Top Tips and Add-Ons
Here are the most popular options you may want to add to the liver cleanse drink:
- Liver cleanse herbs (4 full droppers of Dr. Group’s LivaTrex) to improve the liver cleanse. The formula combines science proven herbs such as Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) and Chanca piedra (Phyllanthus niruri) that can help to repair and regenerate the liver, as well as to dissolve and soften liver and gallbladder stones (gallstones).
- Grapefruit juice (from one grapefruit) is a very popular option instead or with the lemon juice.
- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon) to boost energy and additional liver support.
- Beet juice (1 cup) 30 minutes before your workout. If you choose to use this option, do not add the coconut oil.
- Stevia (a few drops) to add sweetness if needed. Stevia with alcohol free vanilla extract is the most popular option.
Liver Cleanse Juice
The liver cleanse juice recipe offers an easy quick way to provide your body with many liver cleansing foods and nutrients.
The nutritional profile of this juice is exceptional. This goes above and beyond the liver cleanse protocol. You can actually feel the difference. For this reason, many of our members who love how this juice make them feel, drink it on an ongoing basis. See the complete recipe.
- Ingredients: celery, spinach, carrots, beetroot, ginger root, lemon, apple, cucumbers, stevia, cinnamon.
- When to drink: drink the juice on an empty stomach, when you still didn’t eat solid foods that day. Ideally 1-2 hours after you had your liver cleanse drink.
Liver Cleanse Tea Recipe
In addition to the liver cleanse drink and juice recipes, we also include a hot tea version for the winter. This is when you may prefer to drink something hot and shooting during the liver cleanse.
See the complete recipe.
- Ingredients: lemon, ginger root, cloves, cinnamon, raw honey, stevia.
- When to drink: drink the tea anytime during the day as a part of your liver flush or cleanse, or by itself as a natural way to support liver and gallbladder health.
Liver Cleanse Salad Dressing Recipe
The liver cleanse salad dressing recipe is one of the best liver cleanse remedies that actually taste really good. This allows you to easily turn any salad into a liver detox salad, due to the many liver cleansing foods and herbs we combined in this recipe.
Notice that this recipe also has potent antiparasitic properties. Don’t be surprised if you see dead parasites in your stool as a part of the cleanse.
Apple Cider Vinegar Parasite Cleanse Salad Dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil unrefined cold pressed extra virgin
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- ¼ tsp himalayan salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper optional
- ½ tsp mustard optional
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder optional
- stevia optional
- Shake the apple cider vinegar bottle to mix the cloudy part at the bottom.
- In a glass bottle or a mason jar, place 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and add to the bottle.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Shake the bottle.
- Mince the garlic, add to the bottle and shake well.
- To make the healthy lemon vinaigrette version, add ½ tsp of mustard.
- Add himalayan salt and black pepper to taste. Shake well.
- If you like turmeric, add ¼ tsp of ground turmeric and shake well. To add a little sweetness to balance the turmeric flavor, add a few drops of stevia.
- Add to your salad. Enjoy!
This recipe works with any veggie salad.
A good example is our colon cleanse detox salad.