A Complete Detox Meal For The Colon Cleanse Diet
The detox salad recipe was developed after many years of research, testing and collaboration with our partners. It is a complete colon cleanse meal you can easily make at home, using natural healthy whole foods.
Main Benefits: Natural Colon Cleansing, Detoxification, Gut Health & Flavor.
Table Of Content
- Nutrition facts.
- Ingredients Analysis:
- Fiber: brooms inside your colon.
- Salad Dressing: pure synergy of joy, detox & flavor.
- Seeds: turn a salad into a meal.
- Heat: inflammation, circulation & digestion.
- Parasites: what you need to know.
When To Eat The Detox Salad
Ideally, you should eat the detox salad by itself as your last meal of the day. You can include the salad as a part of your colon cleanse diet or with other body cleanses.
We hear from many people that also like to eat the detox salad 2-3 times a week to promote healthy bowel movements. Especially when you feel the need to get things going. These usually occur the following day.
Colon Cleanse Recipes And Hunger
A known issue with many colon cleanse recipes is that most of them do not make you feel full and satisfied. Especially colon cleansing juices, smoothies, drinks and teas.
This recipe is specifically designed to make you feel full, happy and satisfied.
The Detox Salad Colon Cleanse Recipe
Colon Cleanse Recipe : The Detox Salad Your Gut Would Love
- 1 medium head raw cabbage
- 3 medium raw carrots
- 1 small raw beetroot
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- 1-2 small hot cayenne peppers optional
- 1-2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar unpasteurized "with the mother"
- 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil unrefined cold pressed extra virgin
- 2 oz raw hemp seeds
- Pink himalayan salt to taste
- Peel the beetroot.
- Shred the cabbage, carrots and beets. Place in a large bowl.
- Add minced garlic.
- Cut the hot peppers into small pieces. This is optional for spicy foods lovers.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and add to the bowl.
- Shake the apple cider vinegar bottle to mix the cloudy part at the bottom (the mother).
Add organic raw unfiltered unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Add the salt to balance the flavor.
- Add the hemp seeds and mix.
The Nutrients In The Detox Salad
As you can see, when you eat the detox salad, you get a lot of nutrients.
But what about all these calories? Should you eat the detox salad as one meal, or should you eat it multiple times throughout the day? Are all these fats in the salad good for me? Here is a summary of our answers to the FAQ:
- One big meal vs. smaller frequent meals: Listen to your body. Some people enjoy eating big meals. Others may prefer to eat smaller frequent meals.
- Serving Size: if this is the first time you make this recipe, start by eating half the serving, and see how it makes you feel. You may find that you only need half a serving.
- Calories: Take into consideration the overall calories. The idea is to replace unhealthy meals with healthy options such as this recipe.
- Weight loss: The detox salad recipe will make you feel full and satisfied for many hours. So you may find that you need to eat less overall.
- Fat Content: If you wonder about the fat content of this recipe, these are all healthy essential fats on their natural raw state. The recipe is rich in omega 3 (6.2 grams) and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) which are linked to many health benefits.
Ingredients Analysis: Colon Cleansing Foods
The foods you see in this recipe have a long list of health benefits, supported by a traditional use and many studies. In the analysis below, we focused on the main benefits that are more related to colon cleansing and detoxification.
Cabbage, Beets, Carrots: Brooms Inside Your Colon
Raw non-starchy vegetables such as cabbage, beets and carrots are rich in insoluble fiber. This fiber doesn’t dissolve in water, and can pass through the gut largely intact. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the stool which can help to promote regular healthy bowel movement.
Think about insoluble fiber as rough brooms inside your colon that grabs accumulated waste buildup and toxins on their way out.
Some people who don’t enjoy raw beets, prefer to make a coleslaw version, and stick with the cabbage and carrots without the beets. Other common suggestions we get include adding fresh green herbs.
We highly encourage you to experiment and use different raw non-starchy vegetables you enjoy.
Lemon – Apple Cider Vinegar – Olive Oil : Natural Detox Salad Dressing
The lemon – apple cider vinegar – olive oil combination is a very popular healthy salad dressing. It tastes great and can help the body to naturally detox and cleanse.
- Lemon juice is well known for its ability to stimulate healthy digestion and to naturally detox and cleanse the body. Lemon also helps to balance the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Apple cider vinegar on its raw unfiltered unpasteurized form can help the body to remove toxins at a faster rate. In addition, raw apple cider vinegar has naturally occurring acids and good bacteria (“the mother”) that can promote healthy digestion and gut health. The mother is the cloudy part you see at the bottom of the bottle.
- Olive oil is one of the best tasting oils with natural colon cleansing properties: it lubricates the bowels which can add moisture to the stool, and increases the production of certain digestive enzymes which can help promote healthy digestion.
Hemp Seeds : Turn a Salad Into a Meal
We added raw hemp seeds to boost the nutrients in the detox salad. This is the part that turns the colon cleanse recipe from a salad into a complete meal. Hemp seeds make a good source of protein, healthy omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Hemp seeds also add a pleasant nutty flavor & fluffy texture.
Many people are surprised to learn how much nutrients they get when they eat seeds. Here’s an example of the main nutrients you get when you add 2 oz of hemp seeds:
- 19 grams of protein.
- 6 grams of omega 3.
- Over 80% of the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of Magnesium, Iron, Phosphorus, and Manganese.
- Less than 1 grams of net carbs.
Other options of healthy raw fresh nuts and seeds (ideally sprouted) work as well, so feel free to experiment. Based on our testing and reviews we got over the years, many people love the sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds with this recipe.
Cayenne Peppers – Inflammation, Circulation & Digestion
Cayenne peppers are well known for their many health benefits, especially as a natural way that may help to stimulate healthy digestion, control inflammation and promote healthy blood circulation.
Eating hot spicy peppers however, may also cause issues to some people that have sensitivity to spicy foods, or to the nightshade vegetables. If this is you, do not include cayenne peppers in the recipe.
Garlic : Natural Parasite Cleanse
The main reason we like to add garlic to the detox salad is due to its natural antibacterial, antimicrobial and parasite cleansing properties.
When you cleanse your colon, your body may also flush harmful organisms and intestinal parasites. While this may not be the most pleasant topic people like to share, it is very common. For this reason, you may want to combine some sort of antiparasitic support as a part of the colon cleanse.
Raw garlic makes a great choice to get started. Pumpkin seeds are also known to have a natural antiparasitic properties.
If intestinal parasites are a concern to you, or if you consider doing a parasite cleanse, you may want to also look into antiparasitic herbs such as clove, wormwood and black walnut which are much stronger.
Pink Himalayan Salt
Last but not least – we added the pink himalayan salt for both flavor and the naturally occurring electrolytes and trace minerals.
(Much healthier than table salt that is heavily refined with most of the trace minerals removed during the process).
Latest posts by Cleanse Joy (see all)
- How to Detox Your Body from Mold Naturally Using Diet & Supplements - October 28, 2019
- Salt Water Flush: Effective Natural Colon Cleanse or a Terrible Idea? - October 18, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why All Our Cleansing & Detox Recipes Are Vegan - May 14, 2019