3 day juice cleanse: detox, nourish, rebuild
The 3 day juice cleanse is designed to detox, cleanse, and eliminate toxins as well as nourishing your body with nutrients that can help the body to repair and regenerate. The 3 day juice cleanse also makes an excellent healthy option to jumpstart your weight loss plan.
The plan uses evidence based diy juices recipes you can easily make at home from natural whole foods and herbs that have a long history of safe traditional use backed up by science. We included the complete nutritional facts for each juice recipe.
As in all our cleansing and detox recipes, special consideration was given to both safety and effectiveness for the best results and benefits without side effects, a healing crisis or other discomforts.
3 Day Juice Cleanse Plan
Detox, nourish, rebuild.
- Night before: overnight colon cleanse drink.
- Morning: lemon juice cleanse drink.
- Lunch: 3 day juice detox recipe.
- Afternoon: vanilla cucumber pineapple juice.
- Dinner: vegetable juice cleanse.
- Bedtime: overnight colon cleanse drink.
Popular juice add-ons:
- Coffee & Energy: healthy stimulant free energy & coffee alternatives.
- Cleansing Herbs: liver, kidneys, candida, parasites, heavy metals.
- Benefits : benefits of juicing and liquid cleanse.
Many people like to also add to this cleanse our most popular Liver Cleansing Juice.
Benefits of Juicing
The idea of juice cleanse, juice fasting or liquid cleanses is simple. You replace meals with healthy juices. This gives your digestive system a break from having to process solid food, and at the same time nourishes your body with vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals your body can easily digest and utilize.
When you make juices, you basically break down veggies and fruits into fiber and juice. You drink the juice & pulp without the fiber. This way, your body can digest and absorb the nutrients from the juice easier and quicker.
Another reason juice cleanses are so popular, is that juices usually taste better to most people, compared to eating whole veggies or fruits by themselves.
The Night Before: Overnight Colon Cleanse Juice
- Main functions: cleanses, detoxes and flushes your digestive system. Minimize healing crises and side effects during the cleanse.
- When: the night before the 3 day juice cleanse, and every day during the cleanse, right before bedtime.
The 3 day juice cleanse starts the night before with the overnight colon cleanse drink. This famous juice recipe is one of the most effective natural remedies you can do at home, to quickly and safely get rid of accumulated waste buildup from the colon while you sleep.
- Oxy-powder (Oxygen colon cleanse).
Releases natural oxygen in the colon to loosen accumulated waste buildup. This allows the body to easily eliminate the waste though the stool and completely cleanse the colon. Natural, gentle and very effective.
- Lemon juice.
Stimulates digestion, detox the body and help support the kidneys and liver.
- Raw apple cider vinegar.
Natural ability to flush out toxins from the body. The cloudy part, also called “the mother”, has naturally occurring good bacteria that can support gut health.
- Drink before bedtime on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements.
- Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements. First time users usually report large amount of stored waste.
- Most people report “feeling lighter”, noticeably flatter stomach, reduced bloating, more energy, higher clarity and better bowel movements and digestion.
Update: We have been hearing from many people who prefer not to drink lemon or apple cider vinegar right before bedtime. These are optional. You can still take Oxy-powder with just water without the lemon and apple cider vinegar.
Morning : Lemon Juice Cleanse Drink
Main functions: detoxes, cleanses & hydrates the body.
When: morning and during the day.
The lemon juice cleanse drink is based on the famous ancient ayurvedic practice of drinking lemon juice in warm water on an empty stomach. This simple recipe can help to stimulate digestion and detox the body.
To make the lemon juice cleanse drink, squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon into 16 ounces of warm spring or alkaline water. You can also add a few drops of stevia to sweeten the drink if needed.
Many people find it helpful to make more servings and drink more in the morning and throughout the day.
Lunch – 3 Day Juice Detox Recipe
Main functions: cleanses the colon, liver, and kidney, enegerzes & nourishes the body.
When: at least one hour after you finished the morning drink.
This recipe is the core of the 3 day juice cleanse. It is packed with whole foods known to cleanse the liver, kidneys and colon. The nutritional profile is exceptional with high level of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, antioxidants and phytochemicals (see nutrition facts below the recipe).
For best results:
- Wait at least one hour after the morning drink. Ideally, when you start to feel hunger.
- This juice is very concentrated in nutrients. For this reason, it is best to drink it slowly over a 10 minutes to 2 hours time frame. Most people like to place the detox juice in a mason jar or a bottle and drink during lunch time.
- You can add ice cubes to improve taste.
3 Day Juice Detox
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ bunch spinach
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small beet
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 small lemon
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- stevia to taste optional
- non alcoholic vanilla extract optional
- dash cinammon optional
- Peel the ginger and beetroot.
- Run the celery, spinach, carrots, beetroot, lemon, apple and pineapple through a juicer.
- Mix and taste. You can add a few drops of stevia to add sweetness (optional), or add another apple to the recipe. Adding a few ice cubes may improve taste as well.
- you can also add vanilla extract, cinnamon to improve flavor.
- Drink slowly and enjoy (10 min - 2 hour).
To read the specific benefits and the scientific evidence of these ingredients for the liver and kidneys, see our guide for:
Detoxifying Liver And Kidneys Foods.
3 Day Juice Detox Recipe – Nutrition Facts
Afternoon : Vanilla Cucumber Pineapple Juice
Main functions: cleanses and removes toxins, energizes, hydrates, reduces inflammation.
Another staple of the 3 day juice cleanse is the vanilla cucumber pineapple juice. This is one of the most tasting refreshing juices recipes you can make at home, that is also full of nutrients (see nutrition facts below the recipe).
The exact recipe also makes a great option for a smoothie, which many of our members like to make on a daily basis.
Vanilla Cucumber Pineapple Juice
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium orange
- non alcoholic vanilla extract to taste optional
- stevia to taste optional
- Run the cucumbers, pineapple, lettuce and orange through a juicer.
- Add vanilla extract and stevia to taste (optional). Adding a few ice cubes may improve taste as well.
- Drink slowly and enjoy (5 min - 2 hour).
Why pineapple & cucumbers?
Besides their amazing taste, pleasant texture, and high nutrients, both pineapple and cucumbers offer unique properties in both juices and smoothies:
- Bromelain, the enzyme found in pineapple, is well known for its natural ability to reduce swelling and inflammation. Multiple studies suggest that Bromelain may offer a safe and effective natural way to decrease inflammation in the body [1,2].
- Cucumbers have a long history of medicinal use since ancient times. Due to their high water content, they make an excellent choice to hydrate the body and skin. The cleansing action of cucumbers can also help the body to remove accumulated pockets of old waste materials and chemical toxins .
Vanilla Cucumber Pineapple Juice – Nutrition Facts
Dinner – Vegetable Juice
Main function: cleanses and nourishes the body.
The dinner option for the 3 day juice cleanse is a vegetable juice. Despite the lack of sweet fruits, the flavor of this juice is very enjoyable. See below additional tips for different taste options.
- 1 large bell pepper.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 1 medium orange.
- 2 medium zucchini or cucumbers.
- Stevia to taste (optional).
- Sweet: The taste of the vegetable juice recipe is mild sweet. If you need to add more sweetness, you can add a few drops of stevia.
- Savory – salty: for savory salty taste, add 2 stalks of celery, 1 medium tomato, and a dash of pink himalayan salt.
Healthy Coffee Alternatives & Energy During The Cleanse
If you are looking to cut down your coffee intake, naturally boost your energy without any stimulants, or help your body adapt to stress, certain herbs such as ginseng, maca (root) and ashwagandha can offer a safe natural and effective way.
We have had great results in many of our cleansing protocols with Dr. Group’s Ginseng Fuzion which includes active ginseng extracts complex, maca, and the anti stress (adaptogenic) herb ashwagandha.
To use: add 2 droppers to your juices or drinks just before drinking when needed, up to 3 times a day.
- Ginseng is well known for its ability to naturally stimulate energy production in the muscles, improve fat metabolism, reduce appetite, and boost the immune system function [4,5,6] .
- ashwagandha: Several studies found that ashwagandha can decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, support healthy body weight management and reduce stress and anxiety [7,8].
3 Day Juice Cleanse – Cleansing Herbs
There are a number of known cleansing herbs with unique properties that can help to detox, repair, regenerate and support specific organs.
Cleanse herbs or herbal cleanse treatment is the mother of modern medicine. The ancient habit to treat diseases with plants has evolved and reshaped many of the modern treatment options.
Due to their importance we wrote a complete review on the most effective and safe common cleanse herbs you can safely use to enhance the results of your juice cleanse. You can read the entire guide, or go directly to the specific group of herbs:
- Liver & gallbladder.
- Kidneys, urinary tract & bladder.
- Candida, vaginal & yeast infections.
- Heavy metals.