Many years ago, we published our detox healthy guacamole recipe. A week later, it went viral. The reviews and feedback have been very encouraging. Everybody loves it!
This recipe is delicious, super nutritious (see nutrition facts below), naturally detoxes and cleanses your body, supports weight loss, promotes healthy digestion, protects the heart and above all, it makes you feel full, satisfied, happy and energized. And it only takes 5 minutes to make.
What we found amazing, is that after all this time, we made no changes to the original recipe, which is based on an authentic guacamole recipe (Mexico).
Based on your many requests, in this post, we’ll revisit the original recipe and share your wonderful comments and suggestions.
Is Guacamole Healthy For You?
The health benefits of avocado, the main ingredient in guacamole are well known and supported by many published studies. But is guacamole healthy for you?
When you stick with the authentic guacamole recipe, it is very healthy. The beauty of guacamole recipe is that it has a very long history of traditional use, with the health benefits of each of the ingredients also supported by modern science. Specifically to avocado, avocado consumption is associated with improved overall diet quality, nutrient intake, and reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes (metabolic syndrome) .
Modern versions of the guacamole recipe however, may not always be healthy or good for you. Use of refined heavily processed table salt, high carb chips and other “modern” additions may take this healthy recipe to a completely different direction.
For this reason, we always recommend to stick with homemade guacamole recipes you make. Especially considering how easy it is to make.
Detox Healthy Guacamole Recipe
Our detox healthy guacamole recipe is based on the authentic mexican guacamole recipe. We made the preparation easier and quicker, and added hemp seeds and sunflower seeds to boost the nutritional content.
Use carrots, celery or other crunchy veggies instead of the tortilla or corn chips, and you get a wonderful, yummy, happy and healthy guacamole recipe. In fact, it is probably one the world’s most healthiest detox recipes.
Detox Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 medium ripe hass avocados
- 2 small jalapeño chili peppers optional
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 oz hemp seeds
- 1 oz sunflower seeds raw, unsalted unroasted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt to taste
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium celery stalks
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Using a scoop, remove the flesh of the avocados and place in a round bowl.
- Add the lime juice.
- Mash the avocados until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the spicy peppers, tomatoes, onions, hemp seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix well.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Use the carrots and celery as healthy alternatives to corn or tortilla chips and enjoy!
The Nutrients In The Detox Healthy Guacamole Recipe
As you can see below, when you eat the detox healthy guacamole recipe, you get a very impressive list of nutrients.
But what about all these calories? One of the most common question we get is how much and when to eat the recipe. Should you eat all of it at once or multiple times throughout the day?
The answer is very simple. Listen to your body. Some people enjoy eating big meals. Others may prefer to eat smaller frequent meals. Here’s a quick summary:
- Serving Size: if this is the first time you make this recipe, start by eating half the serving, and see how it makes you feel. You may find that you only need half a serving.
- Your Diet: The idea is to replace unhealthy meals with healthy options such as this recipe. Since this recipe is going to make you feel full for many hours, chances are you will end up eating less calories overall.
- Do You Prefer To Eat Big Meals? Replace your biggest meal of the day with this recipe, ideally at night. This works very well as a part of a low carb, keto (26 net carbs) diet plans, as well as with intermittent fasting.
- Smaller Meals: If you prefer to eat smaller meals, store the guacamole in the fridge, and use it as a dip with raw crunchy veggies like carrots, celery stalks, broccoli, etc.
The Fat Content In The Detox Healthy Guacamole Recipe
If you wonder about the fat content of this recipe, these are all healthy essential fats on their natural raw state. The recipe is rich in omega 3 (6.2 grams) and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) which are linked to many health benefits. In fact, according to the scientific community, the fats in avocado may help to support cardiovascular health, weight management and healthy aging .
As we mentioned, you do need to take into consideration the overall calories. The idea is to replace unhealthy meals with healthy options such as this recipe. Weight loss wise, the detox healthy guacamole recipe will make you feel full and satisfied for many hours. So you may find that you need to eat less overall.
Spicy Guacamole Recipe
We put the jalapeño chili peppers as optional, since not all people like spicy foods. If you do like spicy foods, here are a few suggestions you may want to consider to make a spicy guacamole recipe:
- In our testing, jalapeño chili peppers work the best. If you can’t however get fresh jalapeños, you can still use other chili peppers.
- Sometimes you can’t get fresh hot peppers at all. If this is the case, an easy way to spice things up that we actually love, is to use chipotle powder. Need to add more heat? add a little ground cayenne pepper.
Latest posts by Cleanse Joy (see all)
- How to Detox Your Body: 3 Evidence Based Easy Recipes - January 28, 2020
- Videos - January 22, 2020
- How to Stop Drinking coffee? The Natural 3 Step Protocol - January 18, 2020