Last Updated on
The green smoothie detox cleanse breakfast recipe is a delicious healthy drink designed to refuel and boost your energy in the morning, with easy to digest nutrients your body can easily assimilate and utilize.
Similar to all our detox recipes, the nutritional profile of this recipe (see below) is exceptional. You will be getting a lot of health promoting benefits and nutrients in just one serving.
When To Drink The Green Smoothie Detox Recipe
Ideally, you want to drink the recipe in the morning on an empty stomach, before you ate or drank anything else. There’s one exception; you can still drink the lemon juice cleanse drink recipe.
Use the green smoothie detox as a healthy tasty way to start your day:
- Boost your cleanse or detox plan.
- Give your digestive system a break. Especially if you have digestive issues such as bloating, and excess gas.
- Jumpstart your weight loss plan. This recipe should make you happy, satisfied and full.
The Green Smoothie Detox Cleanse: Breakfast Recipe
Green Smoothie Detox : Strawberry Breakfast Delight
- 1 cup spring water 250 ml
- 1 cup spinach 3 oz
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce 5 oz
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup strawberries 5 oz
- Place water, celery, spinach and romaine lettuce into the blender. Blend until they turn liquid.
- Add apple, banana and strawberries and blend again until desired consistency is reached.
- Drink immediately. Enjoy!
The Nutrients In The Green Smoothie Detox
As you can see below, you get a lot of nutrients when you drink the green smoothie detox breakfast recipe. If you wonder how much of it you should drink, here are a few tips:
- If this is your first time, drink half a serving first and see how it makes you feel. You may find that you only need half a serving.
- Some people like to drink the green smoothie detox recipe before they leave the house in the morning. Others prefer to drink it throughout the morning. In any case, we recommend to finish drinking the smoothie at least one hour before you eat any solid foods.
The Greens In The Green Smoothie Detox
The spinach – lettuce combination that we use in the recipe blends very well in terms of flavor and nutritional profile:
- Spinach: excellent source of folate, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, Iron, Manganese and chlorophyll.
- Romaine lettuce: excellent source of folate, vitamin A and vitamin K. It offers a mild sweet flavor for smoothies that helps to balance other greens and veggies.
Since each green may offer different nutrients , we highly recommend to rotate your greens throughout the year.
To make sure your green detox smoothies always taste great, it is best to combine greens that have a more mild taste with different dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, arugula and others that may have a more aggressive taste on their own.
The Fruits In The Green Smoothie Detox
Bananas, apples and strawberries are very popular fruits to use when you make smoothies. Their natural sweetness help to balance the taste of the greens. They also add a pleasant texture to the smoothies.
Just like we recommend to rotate your greens, you may also want to experiment with different fruits. Great options are tropical fruits such as pineapple, mango and papayas.
It is important to look at the sugar content and see how much you really need. Based on our experience, some people may need less fruits in their smoothies. For this reason, when you change the recipe, always start with half a serving.