You want to take your health to the next level and go on a cleanse, but can’t find the right time to get started? Need a quick natural way to reboot your body you can do at home?
This is exactly the purpose of the one day cleanse. Easy to follow, natural, safe and effective plan to detox and cleanse your body in only one day.
The One Day Cleanse Plan Summary
Primary function: colon cleanse.
- Night before: overnight colon cleanse drink.
- Morning: lemon juice cleanse drink.
- Breakfast: fruit meal.
- Afternoon: snack or fruit meal.
- Dinner: detox salad meal.
What Is The One Day Cleanse?
The famous 1 day cleanse is a fast instant effective and safe natural plan designed to help your body cleanse and detox in 24 hours. Most people notice more energy, higher clarity, a clearer complexion, and better bowel movements and digestion. It is also common to see improvements in digestive issues such as bloating, gas and occasional constipation.
1. The Night Before: Overnight Colon Cleanse
Purpose: cleanse, detox and flush your digestive system.
The one day cleanse starts the night before with the overnight colon cleanse drink. This famous recipe is one of the most effective natural remedies to quickly and safely cleanse accumulated waste buildup from the colon while you sleep.
- Drink before bedtime on an empty stomach away from any foods or other supplements.
- Expect the next day to have a series of bowel movements. First time users usually report large amount of stored waste.
- Most people already start to feel “lighter” as they eliminate this stored waste buildup.
Ingredients: lemon juice, raw apple cider vinegar and oxygen colon cleanse.
To learn more, see: Overnight Colon Cleanse.
2. Morning – Lemon Juice Cleanse Drink
Purpose: detox, cleanse & hydrate your body.
The lemon juice cleanse drink is based on the well known ancient Ayurvedic practice of drinking lemon juice in warm water on an empty stomach. This simple recipe can help to stimulate digestion and detox the body.
To make the lemon juice cleanse drink, squeeze the juice of ½ organic lemon into 16 ounces of warm spring or alkaline water. You can also add a few drops of stevia to sweeten the drink if needed.
Many people find it helpful to make more servings and drink more in the morning and throughout the entire one day cleanse.
For natural healthy alternatives to coffee, we like to add 1-2 droppers of Dr. Group’s Ginseng Fuzion to the morning lemon drink, which includes active ginseng extracts complex, maca, and the anti stress (adaptogenic) herb ashwagandha.
- Ginseng is well known for its ability to naturally stimulate energy production in the muscles, improve fats metabolism, reduce appetite, and boost the immune system function [1,2,3] .
- Ashwagandha: Several studies found that ashwagandha can decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, support healthy body weight management and reduce stress and anxiety [4,5].
3. One Day Cleanse Fruit Meal
The ideal time to eat the first meal of the 1 day cleanse is when you feel hungry. For some people, this means 30 minutes after they drink the lemon juice cleanse drink. Other people may not even be hungry until lunch.
For this reason, you should listen to your body and only eat when you are hungry. In this fruit meal, you eat your favorite choice of fresh high fiber “meaty” raw fruit. Great choices are apples, berries, bananas, mangos, pineapple and papaya.
We prefer fruits that have a more “meaty” texture over watery fruits such as watermelon or melons, since they work better to stimulate digestion and “push” stored waste out of the digestive tract.
This simple strategy works very well not only for the one day cleanse, but also for life. It is always best to eat fruits on an empty stomach as the first solid meal of the day.
When it comes to fruits, it is important to follow a few basic guidelines:
- Always eat fruits on an empty stomach.
- Go for fresh and ripe fruits. Never eat unripe fruits. Unripe fruits can cause digestive issues such as gas, bloating and even make you constipated. Think about green bananas vs. yellow ripe ones.
- Don’t mix different type of fruits together. It is ok however, to eat different fresh berries together.
Serving size: eat no more than 50 grams of net carbs per a fruit meal. This typically means one – two whole medium size fruits such as bananas or apples. For smaller fruits (berries) or if you like to slice your fruits, this usually means 2-3 cups of berries or slices of mango, pineapple, papayas, etc.
If you are unsure how much net carbs your favorite fruits have, you can use free online tool such as cronometer.
4. One Day Cleanse – Lunch
When you feel hungry during the day, you can continue to eat your favorite choice of “meaty” fruits as described in the previous section.
During winter, however, you may want to drink something hot. The thousand years old homemade colon cleanse tea recipe makes a perfect choice.
This colon cleanse tea recipe is very easy to make and only has three ingredients: lemon, ginger and raw honey. Simple, yet effective, it comes with an impressive long history of traditional use and health benefits.
See the complete recipe.
One Day Cleanse – Afternoon Snack
This step is optional. If you are not hungry, or prefer to eat the fruit meals, feel free to continue to do so.
If you find yourself looking for something else to eat other than fruits, choose one of these options below:
- Fresh avocado. You can add a few drops of lemon juice and pink himalayan salt if needed. Some people like to take raw celery or raw carrots and use the avocado as a dip.
- Fresh raw nuts or seeds such as almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds also make a great choice. Serving size should be 1-2 oz.
5. One Day Cleanse – Dinner
Congrats! You finished the 24 hour one day cleanse! The one day cleanse ends with the famous detox salad meal.
This meal is very rich in insoluble fiber. This fiber doesn’t dissolve in water, and can pass through the gut largely intact. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the stool which can help to promote regular healthy bowel movement.
Think about insoluble fiber as rough brooms inside your colon that grabs accumulated waste buildup and toxins on their way out.
Main Ingredients : cabbage, carrots, beetroot, garlic, cayenne peppers, apple cider vinegar, lemon, olive oil, raw hemp seeds, pink himalayan salt.
See the complete recipe.
How Often Can I Do The One Day Cleanse
We recommend to do the cleanse for one day a week. Weekends work great for most people.
Many of our members find the one day cleanse helpful as a quick “reboot”, an easy way to get started if you are new to cleansing, or to help maintain results of other body cleanses.
See our main page for a list of all our natural body cleanses protocols: colon, gut health, liver, kidneys, lungs, parasites, candida, detox recipes and more,
Latest posts by Cleanse Joy (see all)
- How to Detox Your Body from Mold Naturally Using Diet & Supplements - October 28, 2019
- Salt Water Flush: Effective Natural Colon Cleanse or a Terrible Idea? - October 18, 2019
- 5 Reasons Why All Our Cleansing & Detox Recipes Are Vegan - May 14, 2019